- I coordinate the Giant Kitchen Garden at the Queensland Home Garden Expo in July of each year. At this event I give lectures on using herbs in cooking and promote cottage gardening with a display at The Perennial Poppies Group site.
- I am President of The Perennial Poppies Group Inc – a group established in November 2000 by garden owners whose interests were cottage gardening.
- In this role I organise garden tours for the group that have taken us into northern NSW, the Blue Mountains, the Southern Highlands and Victoria.
- The email database of The Perennial Poppies Group is approximately 300. I send out garden related information on a regular basis to this group. Information is also disseminated through the group’s journal and at any events, held by the group, new plants and products are promoted.
- I belong to a small garden group at Buderim called ‘Casuarina Garden Club’ and any relevant horticultural information is passed on to their members.
- In 2006 I co-compiled a book on ‘Old-fashioned Roses in a Subtropical Climate’ and a booklet on ‘Salvias in southeast Queensland’. I have also compiled a recipe book on herbs.